Sunday 22 November 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 367 - Just An Old Fashioned Girl

Goooodly Afternoon Stampers and a very happy  Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your entries into the last challenge... I loved seeing all your gorgeous entries!  This week the theme is ... VINTAGE.   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something; a card, canvas, ATC, a piece of altered art... the choice.. it be yours! Add in some stamping and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 5th December 2015.


 My entry is a whoppping mahooooosive canvas (12" x 16") I decorated... it was my class sample from my Melt Pot class yesterday for Ali-Craft in South Hykeham... we had a glorious day getting all hot with the Melting Pots... you all know how much I love anything with a smidge of beeswax slapped on it and this canvas sure is covered in it!




The papers are from Prima's Archivers collection - they are beautiful... the colours are right in my comfort zone... and I just edged them with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to give them a bit of oomph.  The flowers are made from Tim's Tattered Florals die... they are my fave flowers to make - you'd never have guessed that right?  I just edged these with Aged Mahogany to give them a bit of a pinky tone and then dipped them right into beeswax to coat them... I did the same with the leaves which are Tim's Tattered Leaves... and then I added a butterfly - stamped onto the same card and also dipped into the wax and pearls added for his body.  The birdy is my Carabelle Studio FAVE bird stamp EVER *and I have a lot of birdy stamps!* ... he was stamped onto the same papers and cut out, inked and then glued down before I waxed so he looks part of the design.  The little embellies are moulds of UTEE poured from the Melt Pot and then generously coloured with Treasure Gold - I am loving the flower... the different metallic colours look so pretty IRL.



Thanks for looking and have a great rest-of-the-day... I am about to bung a leg of lamb into the oven (yes, the Domestic Goddess in me is alive and kicking today) and I shall be serving it with cauliflower cheese (nomnomnom), swede and carrot mash, roastie spuds and sweetheart cabbage.  A few Yorkshire Puds will also put in appearance along with my special mint gravy too... ohalalaaaa... and wait til I tell you what is for pud!!!  Mmmm, I am positively drooling and having to sit on my hands so I don't go and nibble at it already... my favest raspberry cheesecake and..... double cream!!!  I can hear my hips saying "please no" but today I shall be listening to my mouth which is saying "give me something tasty!"   Well, it is a well known fact that raspberry cheesecake and double cream is actually completely free of calories if eaten after lamb... they cancel each other out you see... *ahem*    Right, I shall love you and leave you and say.... TTFN!

Hels x

P.S.  Now... I have some verrrry exciting news to share but I will keep you in suspenders for a few more hours... check back tomorrow when I will be letting you know about a grand new adventure! 

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Hels Sheridan you have come up trumps again cos this is exceptional. I adore it so much that I feel like packing in making these Xmas cards so I can stick all my canvases together to make a great big one and get the old melt pot out once more. Now, about this news!!!!!!!! Xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Thank you so much Hels for a brilliant workshop at Ali's. The canvases looked great and I have a few photos that I will post on Ali-Craft Facebook page.
Hope to see you again sometime. Happy crafting, Angela x

Unknown said...

Wow,wow,wow Hels this has to be "one" of my favourite canvases created by you,the colours are beautiful its stunning. I could just see it on my wall :0) I hope you enjoyed your "light" lunch,you do make me laugh.Can't wait for your news.Big hugs Sue Balawajder

Redanne said...

This is so very you Hels! I love the butterfly, the wonderful papers and your lovely flowers - all beautiful! I totally agree that cheesecake is totally free of calories if you eat it following a lamb dinner - especially one that has Yorkshire puddings - lol. Hugs, Anne xx

Joan said...

Fabulous canvas Hels, your Sunday lunch sounded scrumptious, especially with all the "free" calories.

heres my Vintage card

http://latenightstamping.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/its-not-blue.html

jac777 said...

Love your canvas dear Hels :) xx

Black Swamp Quilt Guild said...

AS usual, I love your piece. The colors are my favorites, as is the season it portrays!

Here's hoping my piece works as "vintage". I dud use "Vintage Photo" ink!

http://538194912998600598.weebly.com/carol-stamps/challenge-an-altered-state

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails