Sunday 13 September 2015

Sunday Stamper - Week 362 - Mother Nature's Son

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thanks for your entries into last weeks birdy themed challenge - it is good to be back and thank you for your lovely comments too!  The song title and theme this time is all about... NATURE.   To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something; a card, canvas, ATC, a piece of altered art, bring a bit of outdoors onto your artwork, use a nature themed stamp, use nature's colours... the choice.. it be yours! Add in the theme AND some stamping. Then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me or by leaving me a link to your Pinterest or any other photo hosting site.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 19th September 2015.



My entry this week is a canvas I made as a "class sample" for a private class a few weeks ago.  It is an 8 x 8 canvas board and I used Pion Design papers - which I absolutely love, love, love because they have Lily of the Valley and birds printed onto them... and the colours worked perfectly with the colour palette I seem to prefer! Mmm. Blues.... again!!!  The stamps are by Darkroom Door... my very favourite butterfly set "Wings" and the sentiment is just about perfect I reckon.



I do love adding in bits of nature into my creations... the twigs are from a hebe that is getting a bit straggly and the feather is one I picked up on one of my wanderings... I am a bit of a womble so do tend to pick things up just in case they "come in" if you know what I mean!


Mr Mojo has been very ungallantry and has released himself from my desk (he must be Houdini) and has hidden himself away somewhere in the Room of Stash... I know he is here, just lurking slightly out of vision... you know when you see something out of the corner of your eye but when you turn to look there's nowt there?  Yep, that!!! But! What he doesn't know is that I have been drawing and sketching ideas for things to make so the very moment he pops his head back up, he is getting stapled back down onto that desk again!   I don't think I have ever had a dry spell such as this one... I guess outside influences and health issues do have a bearing on how juicy one's Mojo is... but enough is enough... I need to get back to making stuff regularly!!!  Perhaps having a room that resembles a landfill site isn't helping... I need to create order in the Room of Stash before I can actually relax and get creative... it is that mountain to climb first though.... not figuratively either... no!  The mountain of junk and general detritis that has built up over the months needs to be scaled and seriously, I fear for my safety!!!  I shall have to stop procrastinating and get active!  But maybe first a little cup of coffee..... ahem.... quite!!!



Anyways... whilst I go off and search through cupboards, shelves and several inches of dust, I shall leave you with my thanks for looking and reading and sticking with me whilst I seem to have dried up... and my greetings for a very goodly day!  TTFN!


Hels x

9 comments:

Viv said...

And you're back with a bang! Loving the colour comb, the bird, the featner, ok all of it!

Unknown said...

You are back to being creative and making me laugh on a Sunday what more could I ask for.Just love it Hels,thanks for sharing. Big hugs Sue Balawajder

Joanne said...

This canvas is another Hels masterpiece and I love it o bits - all of them. The clear out gives you chance to re-design your Room of Stash, just wish I could give you a hand with packing, labelling etc but mine needs a good clear out too!!!
See you soon xxx

Mrs Beez said...

Gorgeous - I love the blue, especially with the black and the bird looks divine (but it just reminded me of the famous C & C parrot incident!). Having been last last week I'm guessing I might be first this week :)

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-3yy

Chris Kelly said...

Hi Hels

You have been missed so welcome back. I think my mojo must be hiding with yours. I think it may be the fact that I keep hearing the Chr****as word. It's guaranteed to frighten my creative spirit into hiding. I want to dabble and splash lots of lovely paint about and I can't enjoy it as there is that little voice saying " don't you thing you ought to start your Chr****as cards?" I love your canvas. The colours are beautiful and I do like anything with birds or butterflies. Hubby has just pointed out that I have "stuff" (craft stash) in every room in the house.
Hugs from Chris x

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is stunning I love all the colours and the embellishments. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie

Bernie Simmons said...

Yes it happen's Hel's My latest "creations have all ended up in the bin...T'is the way of crafting then other times I can go to my cave have have a really good enjoyable session...so IF you can produce this and not have mo jo....
Seriously It's a gorgeous make. I love it xx

Theresa said...

oh wow. you've done it again, and with an awol mojo too! don't apologize about blues. it's my favourite colour, hugs xx

carol edwards said...

Lovely Hels and the colours are great too. Hope mojo comes out of hiding soon, I think a few think that too. Maybe schools still out for the little rascals x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails