Monday 1 December 2014

The First Noel...

...uh-oh... I is singing!  Christmas Carols... I love a Christmas Carol, I do!  Well, it is December 1st so I am allowed to now... aren't I?  A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of demo-ing all things Tim and Ranger for Craft Obsessions at the NEC and I just found a few piccies I took of the bits I made whilst demo-ing... so here's one of them.



It is a Size 8 Manila tag, Ranger Texture Paste through Tim's Christmas Layering Stencil and then lashings of Black Soot and Antique Linen Distress Spray Stains... you can't really see the texture paste now though... I managed to cover most of it with the embellies!  Once I had dried the base colours, I did a very light spritz of Tarnished Brass Distress Spray Stain to add a bit of bling to the background.  The flower is one of Tim's Blueprints... I love this poinsettia and it is cool to stamp a few times and then cut out decoupage stylee and layer up. HERE is another tag I made using similar stuff.  The flower is coloured with Barn Door and Fired Brick DSS's and then I blended a bit of Fired Brick DI over the top to add a bit of light and shade to it.  The holly is also from the same Blueprint set... made in exactly the same way as the flower so tis nice and layered.  The sentiment is another of Tim's new Xmas stamps and I added a strip of blingy gems and some Idea-ology to finish.



That's all for today... we are off to that London this afternoon to have a look in the shops (yes, we are mental) and it would be very rude not to go and visit Five Guys too... NOM!  Have a great day.... thanks for looking.  TTFN

Hels x

9 comments:

Nikki Acton said...

Fab tag Hels - saw it at NEC - wanted to steal it but am too honest!!! Nikki x

Anneke said...

Beautiful and great design everything fits so well together.
Thanks for showing Anneke.

carol edwards said...

Great tag Hels and single allowed all month. Enjoy your trip to London and buy lots of goodies x

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is just gorgeous. Of course you can sing Christmas songs it is now Advent. Hugs Jackie

Redanne said...

Oh, very lovely indeed Hels, great colours and the poinsettia is gorgeous. Hope you are having a lovely trip to London. Hugs, Anne xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Loving this tag, I'm so inspired.
Enjoy your trip to London, and get lots of goodies.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Alison Horne said...

lovely 'pointysettia'. have a fabby time, but five guys has some rough reviews-hope you enjoy it.

Carole Z said...

Such a lovely tag Hels, love all the details...you carry on with those Caros hun, hugs Carole Z X

Jenny Marples said...

As ever with your tags this is a joy to see Hels. Loving that poinsettia. Jenny x

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails