Saturday 18 October 2014

Find Delight....

...is the title of this here page I made to go in my Worn Cover book I made for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge last week - HERE are all the deets on how to join in with the fabby challenge - most excellent prizes to be had too!  



I created the page by cutting a piece of card to fit inside the covers and then got cracking with those gorrrrgeous Wallflower papers from Mr Holtz.  If, like me, you keep even the smallest of snippets of papers (yes, I know you are nodding your head, hey, we are crafters, we keep stuff right?)  Where was I?  Oh yes, keeping snippets of paper... I keep everything... I am a nightmare, I have snippets of papers coming out of my ears (not literally, that would be...umm... rather daft!)  I like to use them up... and this is a great way... paper blocking!   A few years ago I stumbled across a gorgeous project by Paula Cheney (she who is Queen of All Things Amazingly Arty) and I loved the idea so much I went a bit mad and made tonnes of stuff using her technique.  HERE is the post I found to you can have a looksee.   Well, I love the Wallflower papers so muchly that I decided to just layer up those snippets coming out of my ears and voila, a page!



And another page on the other side.   You will see a distinct lack of embellishmentising... that is because I love the raw look of the pages so much I haven't got the heart to cover anything up.  I am sure once I tire of looking at something so flat (eek) I will start loading flowers and leaves and stuff onto them but for the moment... I loves them as they are.  Here's another piccie of my Worn Cover... I plan to fill the book up with lots of different pages and tags and stuff all using the same papers and stylee....


Thank you all for your kind comments, emails and messages about my poor health.  I have had one scan result in and thankfully, it is "normal"... well, as normal for me eh?  But I still have blood tests that are coming back dodgy so I need those repeating... and believe me, I am the world's biggest booboo when it comes to needles so I am beginning to look like a pincushion - a quaking one at that!  In the meantime, I have another scan at the end of the month and hopefully that will show up what is causing all this trouble.  I shall away now - I am prepping for my class at Daisy's Jewels tomorrow and as usual, am a last minute Annie!   Thanks for looking... have a great day! TTFN

Hels x

7 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Blooming stunning lass! Oh for the time.... I will get to it one day soon, I'm sure! Keep at it Hels! X

Helen said...

Love these pages Hels! Glad the first test result is ok, hope you find out soon what is wrong so they can fix it. I don't like needles either! xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Hels this is a gorgeous title page I love all the details you have added to make something truly special. Hugs Jackie

Redanne said...

Your cover is gorgeous and I do love it when you paper block! Hope the results of the next bloods and scan show up what the problem is... fingers crossed. Hugs, Anne xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, Two beautiful pages, I love what you have done with them.
I truly hope they find out what is making you poorly.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels gorgeous pages and I love how you have laid them out. Hoping bloods and scan go well and you will soon be feeling better. X

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails