Sunday 28 September 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 327 - Hazy Shade of Winter

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Indian Summer Sunday to you all!  Thank you all for your fabby entries to last weeks rosey challenge - it was great to see all the different roses you used.   The theme this week is ADD SOME SHADING.  You can interpret the challenge how you like: add texture paste for dimension, use your colour pens to add shading, make your art really 3d so it creates shade... the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 4th October 2014.


My entry is a tag that I added some Ranger Texture Paste to, pasting through Tim's Diamonds stencil and then once the paste was dry, I used Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass and Milled Lavender Distress Paints to add colour.  I used water to smoosh the paints around and get a nice marbley effect.  Once dried, I went over the tag with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to tone the colours down a bit and make it a little more vintage.



Next I coated the tag with Glue & Seal - this provides a nice waterproof seal and also means that if I goof up the next step, I can simply wipe it off and start again... (plus I like how it takes the Vintage Photo into the brush strokes, adding a little bit more texture) and the next step is adding the shading!  Using a Stabilo All pencil and a Cut & Dry Nib, I added shading around the diamonds and smudged the pencil out.  Of course, it is the Sunday Stamper so I added a smidge of stamping - using my old fave Harlequin stamp and Jet Black Archival to add a little bit of interest to the edges of the tag.


I make no secret of how much I loves embellishmentising stuff... and I had lots of fun building up a few layers of embellies - using up scraps that have been kicking about on the Shelf of Dusty Doom - yep, that shelf above my desk that is full of stuff I get out to use and then don't use and then am too lazy to put back where I got it from so it gets popped onto the ever burgeoning Shelf of Dusty Doom!  The ribbon was coloured with the same Distress Paints - I love that they colour material without making it all crunchy and stiff.  The butterfly is a Studio 490 image - I actually stamped and coloured this fella months ago and didn't use him when I intended to... see, throw nowt away ever... it will all come in handy!



That's all from me for today... it is the BTCC from Silverstone today so I shall be cheering and shouting GO PLATO as usual!!!   Thanks for looking, have a very goodly day!  TTFN

Hels x

13 comments:

snazzyoriginal said...

Love this effect in the background with the blended Distress Paints and Vintage Photo xx

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Love this gorgeous tag, beautiful colours and embellies : ) Take care,

Jane said...

A great tag...what a gorgeous swirly background Hels....also such dreamy colours. Enjoy your day x

carol edwards said...

Hi Hels I love the colours you have used on this gorgeous tag. Lots to see, love how you have used loads of different embellishments and your 3d effects Enjoy your day x

Jackie T said...

Good morning Hels this is gorgeous I love how you build up the layers on your projects. Enjoy your day it sounds like you will be having fun. Hugs Jackie

Shoshi said...

Hels, this is fabulous. I love the gorgeous pastel shades and the delicious background, set off so beautifully with the vintage photo! A beautiful piece of work in every way.

Shoshi

Unknown said...

Hi Hels... just wanted to connect with you this AM... I am thinking of you.... I LOVE this tag... the PRETTIEST and BEST you have ever done... the colors, the shading, the misty ness of it all... (is that a word?) and the whole thing.. the butterflies body and the fading of the designs... love it all... just perfect... I am most likely going to pass on the this weeks challenge at this point... it will show up around the middle of the month... I am working on something special to be released on the 15th of October... Loving every minute of it too... sending you my love and thoughts... have fun with this challenge... wish I was joining in... I miss it... but am going forward with my project... Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

Carole Z said...

HI Hels, this is beautiful, love everything about it, fab colours...sorry I've still been awol from SS, so much going on with work on house at the moment...I will be back! Hugs Carole Z X

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Hels, This tag is gorgeous !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

ria gall said...

Hi Hels
I am loving your tag and the choice of colours used. I like the way you have added in the shading very clever.
Hugs Ria xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Hellloooo! from Aus where my world truly feels on a 45 degree angle.
Your tag is lovely indeed. That washy mauve colour is our summer sky after a storm!
I have been shading my little heart out. Please take a peak here http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/dress-it-up-and-add-detail.html
Julie

janna'scraftingattic said...

Beautiful, lots of lovely inking and textures. The lacy roses are fab & I love that little butterfly.

Find my entry here :-

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/hels-sunday-stamper-challenge-hazy.html

Mrs Beez said...

Gorgeous colours and gorgeous tag. Love how the Vintage Photo tones it down. If only I had the paints...*sigh*...
Close to the wire with mine this week but so glad to be able to play along.
http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2Sa

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails