Sunday 21 September 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 326 - Paper Roses

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thank you all for your grand entries to last weeks musical challenge - it was great to see all your different interpretations of the way to use music in your art.   The theme this week is PAPER ROSES.  You can interpret the challenge how you like: make your own roses, jazz up some bought paper roses, stamp and layer roses... the choice, it be yours!  To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping *this is THE important bit guys, please remember your rubberstamps!*  and then hop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 27th September 2014.



My entry this week is a tag I made a few weeks ago using the new Twas The Night Before Christmas Graphic 45 papers.  And yes, there's one of my big old paper roses... as you all know, I LOVES making these roses... and yep, they do feature a lot on my creations... I am a great believer in sticking with what you like :O)  After layering up the papers onto the tag, I whizzed around the edges with Frayed Burlap DI to tone the white cut edges in... and added Tattered Leaves to the rose, along with a few bits and bobs to jazz it up.  So, where's the stamping???  Well, you see that ickle tag tucked in the middle?  The stamping is actually on this, just poking out of the bottom of the little tag... I know, not much there but it is ... proving you only needs a smidge of stamping to join in!


So!  What you got planned for today?  I am away teaching at JLT Crafts in Hinckley today... we are going to be getting inky and messy making a mixed media board... it will be fun!   Have a great day all... thanks for looking!  TTFN

Hels x

21 comments:

janna'scraftingattic said...

Can't believe I am still awake for this new Sunday , after a busy old Saturday . I love the theme & love the rose. You are rocking that graphics 45 again - stop it ! I want it :-)
Going to put the light out now , have a good day . I am off to lunch with old friends , smashing ! Xxx

Helen said...

Fabulous tag, love that big old rose. who knew you were a Marie Osmond fan! Have a great time today,I'm back to Ally Pally again...going to try not to spend any (much) money today!

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Stunning piece, those papers are gorgeous, as is the rose, Px

Anonymous said...

Stunning tag ! Cant wait to get these papers from Susan Jones !!

carol edwards said...

Beautiful tag Hels, just love the rose. I think you are the Queen of Roses, they always look fabulous x

Carole Z said...

A beautiful tag Hels, so sorry I've been awol for so many weeks...life has been so hectic even my own crafting and blogging has suffered..and now we're having a kitchen fitted,..hey ho! Hugs Carole Z X

Redanne said...

I always love your gorgeous flowers and this one is no exception, those papers are pretty special too! The sun is shining here today so we might just venture out.... hope you had a good day! Hugs, Anne xx

Jane said...

As you well know Hels I love your roses. .no one makes them like you do! X

Chris Kelly said...

You do create the loveliest things Hels. It it very brave of you to cut up Graphic 45 papers. I will try making flowers with patterned papers.
Hugs from
Chris K xxx

ElizabethR said...

This is gorgeous Hels, the new papers are fab colours, and am loving the patterned flowers, I always do plain ones, you've got my brain cells on a wobble now lol. Have a fab day, Elizabeth xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Afternoon Hels, A fabulous tag, lovely, lovely, papers and fabulous flower.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Despite the fact that the 'C' word is not permitted within ear shot of me until the 1st December ;-) I will concede that your C*******s tag is fabulous :-) x

rachel said...

what a beautiful make Hels - that flower is just fabulous. Just wanted to thank you for your support on FB - things are still very much stacked against my poor Shaun but we live in hope! Hugs rachel xx

BarbaraW said...

Your rose is stunning. Love your whole art piece. Here is what I came up with: http://magicdelights.blogspot.com/2014/09/paper-roses.html

Unknown said...

Hels your ROSE is delightful... I really wanted to use a printed paper on my rose... but it just didn't work in today... but I will do it soon... LOVE YOUR TAG... as always all the lovely details and the stamping... love it all GIRL... dynamically created...

this week... I did a little gift book... hope you like it...

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-flourish-and-rose-gift-book.html

Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

Marleine said...


Hi Hels,

Great tag. I too love the tattered rose and leaves. X

crafty creations said...

your flowers are amazing Hels

My piece is on my blogHERE

Thanks for looking

Theresa said...

what a brilliant tag. i am always in awe at how many creations you can come up with and always looking so different.
i think this will look familiar: http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/stamps-stencils-and-paper-roses.html

janna'scraftingattic said...

Here is my paper roses entry, quite appropriate as it's tissue paper roses x

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/craft-stamper-stamping-on-tissue.html

ike said...

OMGoodness - that is just stunning :-) !!!
Here is my entry for this Challenge,

http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.gr/2014/09/quoth-raven-challenge-37-tag-along.html


IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

New Creations said...

I just found your blog and glad to see so many inspirational projects!!! I love this fabulous tag with a gorgeous PP big rose!!!Splendid job done. Here is my creation:
http://madewithlovencare.blogspot.in/2014/09/birthday-love-to-you.html
Next time I will try to make some roses out of PP, thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails