Sunday 29 June 2014

Sunday Stamper - Week 314 - Knock On Wood

Goooodly Morning Stampers and a very happy Sunday to you all!  Thank you for all your fabby entries for last weeks challenge and it is lovely to see some new peeps joining in too.  This week sees a nice different challenge - and that is to USE WOOD To join in with the challenge is simples: make a little something, it can be anything you fancy.  Add in the theme AND some stamping and then pop back here, leave me a comment with a link to the place you are showing your entry and I can come see you.   If you haven't got a blog, you can join in via Facebook (just tag me name) or by emailing a small res.pic to me.  The challenge will remain open until 21:00 Saturday 5th July 2014.



My entry this week is actually a show sample from my last tellybox show that I haven't got around to blogging... better late than never.  I had lots of painty fun making this wall hanging.  The paints are Cosmic Shimmer Chalk Paints, I used Spiced Raspberry mixed with Vanilla and brayered the paints onto an MDF board.  Once I was happy with the background painting, I added some Spiced Raspberry to Clear Texture Paste and popped this through Dina's Plastic Canvas Stencil.  Once dried, I set about adding some light stamping using Dina's Textures stamp set.  I used Vanilla to stamp with so the background is nice and splotchy.



I make no secret of my lurve of butterflies and I went a little... erm... bonkers (!) with the butterflies on this piece... all stamped onto patterned papers and coloured with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink (you can see I missed colouring the underside of a wing... oops!)  The woodie branch is from the garden, I was cutting back a camellia and the twigs are really sturdy, ideal for adding to something crafty.  I tied string through the holes in the MDF and wrapped it around the twig to fasten it in place.  A wee sentiment to finish and voila, one painty project.


That's all from me for now... I am taking a couple of weeks off to recharge the old batteries so if I am a little quiet, it is probs because I am curled up with a good book :O)   *either that or up to mischief!*  Thanks for looking, have a goodly week! TTFN

Hels x

27 comments:

Lisapmac said...

Oooooooooo love this, absolutely gorgeous x

carol edwards said...

Gorgeous colors Hels and beautiful butterflies, very pretty. Love the twig. Enjoy your 2 weeks off doing whateverx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wow, glorious ..background is so lovely!!

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Love it. The butterflies are gorgeous.Have a lovely holiday and get a good rest : ) Take care.

Helen said...

hope you have a lovely time, and your butterflies are gorgeous - not bonkers at all.

nancyd said...

Hi Hels, long time no visit it seems ages
since I've manage to comment on your blog just so much going on had one of
my eyes done with (great success)but
anyway this piece of art is fabulous
with the butterflies and I see all your last
pieces have them too great.
Enjoy your hols. and lost of photo's
when you get back please.
Nancyd xx

Joanne said...

Lucky me saw this gorgeous flutterby piece when you came up north. Have a lovely holiday in the sun.
Xx

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

I think I too need a holiday! Have a great time. Your piece today is certainly pretty in pink!
I got to play with an interesting wooden item for my piece today.
http://timetocreate-handmadetreasure.blogspot.com.au/2014/06/having-another-go.html

Joanne said...

I've entered Hels - stands back in amazement!!
http://mytobyjug.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/sunday-stamper-knock-on-wood.html
xx

rachel said...

this is so beautiful hels. love it. hugs rachel xc

Redanne said...

How wonderful to bring a bit of the garden into your piece, the butterflies are absolutely gorgeous and I really love how the chalk paint coloured the paste - the colour is amazing! Hope you have lots of fun... Hugs, Anne xx

Unknown said...

Oh Hels... your piece is so pink and pretty... I love it... My husband and I were talking about colors last night and I said one of my very favorite colors is PINK... and then here it is.. I LOVE IT... all the pretty butterflies... LOVE IT ...

So I had to create something with WOOD??? And I did... You pushed me again... thanks... I love it..

http://lovelightandpeacebonnie.blogspot.com/2014/06/sunday-stamper-use-wood.html

You can see it here...
Have a good week.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Annie said...

Love your project Hels x have the most marvellous time on holiday as you so deserve a rest x

Have a glass of wine on me xx

Theresa said...

even though it is pink (i don't like pink)this is gorgeous. that spiced raspberry has a nice shade to it. i just might have to get it to have some pink just in case..... xx

Jackie PN said...

Hels, I love this hanging! The Raspberry is just gorgeous and your butterflies are just perfect! I love them too! What is the maker of the Emerson stamp you used? I love that quote! Have a nice week off!

Carole Z said...

Hels, I love this...gorgeous colours and love the butterflies, hugs Carole Z X

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, This hanging is beautiful, gorgeous colours and very pretty butterflies. Enjoy your hols.
I haven't had any internet all weekend, it felt like my right arm had been cut off haha, I'm doing catch up now !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

janna'scraftingattic said...

Oh raspberry, just the name makes my mouth water !
Lovely tag - when I find something wood related I will make a little something to post too :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous work of art Hels! Thanks for the never ending inspiration and for the fun challenge! Here's my take on the challenge: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/live-everyday.html
Thanks for looking :)

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Gorgeous Hels.
Here's my challenge entry:
http://lisalisamakes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/chocolate-baroque-gdt.html
Lots of love, Lisa xxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Hels, here's mine for this week...only a little one, it's been 'one of those weeks'
http://8thwonderart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/a-little-birdie-thursday-3rd-july-2014.html

catherine said...

This is a super piece Hels and love all the layering and your added piece of wood does great with it all.
Here is my take on your challenge this week:
http://catherinessparemoment.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/letter-k-and-hearts.html
x catherine

Mrs Beez said...

Looks ike you had a fabulous hols and can almost feel the heat from the pics. Nice to have you back and here's my thing for this week

http://wp.me/p3bDgK-2Hz

rachel said...

wonderful make Hels - love the colour - actually managed to join in this week - hurrah! here's my link -
http://fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/use-full-set-of-stamps-at-avj.html

hugs rachel xx

CastleKelly Crafts said...

Oooo this is lovely Hels and a bit different for you. here's the link to my offering for this week, love the theme as it gives such a broad scope. Jane x
http://castlekellycrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/window-canvas.html

janna'scraftingattic said...

Here we are , my wood project , nearly too late !!

http://janna-scrappingintheattic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/giant-wooden-peg-project-sunday-stampers.html

Vanessa said...

beautiful piece, I have emailed my entry, afraid it'a Christmas one again...sorry!

Vanessa

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails