Thursday 3 April 2014

Art Lady...

...oooh, I been a-playing again!  Unfortunately, this also means that I have been awake all night but at least it is "free" time to get inky and painty in the Room of Stash.  I bought a little wooden frame the other day when I was at Crafting Time - by Artemio - and being as I am sooo tidy (ahem) it was laying around on my desk awaiting transfer to the mahooosive pile of alterables that teeters in the corner of the Room of Stash.   And... also being as I am sooo tidy (see a pattern here?)  I hadn't put away the Fresco paints since my last playtime... so it would have been rude to just bung them in a box and not lurve them, wouldn't it?


Also, whilst at Crafting Time, my lovely friend Miriam bought me a set of Lynne Perella stamps that I have been lusting after for absolutely yonks... and being as I am so tidy (ok, ok, I am not tidy, I am a slattern!) I decided to ink up the little lady and see what she looked like.  Ohlalalaaa... isn't she a doll!!!   Armed with brayer (yes, addicted to brayering now, thanks Ellen!) I started off layering up colours... all in all, these are the ones I used: Vanilla, Butternut, Smoked Paprika, London Bus, Blood Orange, Squid Ink and Little Black Dress.  The cool thing about brayering is this... if you slap it on and don't like it, dry it, slap on more!  Easy!



 The original design had the lady stamped onto cream card... but she looked so plain... so I tried colouring her in.  Then she looked a smidge clown-like and as she is such an elegant creature, I didn't want to make her look daft.  What to do!!! I know, I will slap some more paint onto cardstock using the brayer.  And yes, check out that red line running down her face... that was a mistake but I liked it so it stayed!  The embellies are Kaisercraft paper flowers, Artemio buttons and Alphaparts.  This was a quicky project and only took about 40 mins... I have big ideas for this little lady though... that will have to wait til the next nightime-playtime though.


 I have news!!!  Oh yesh indeedily!  I have got a last minute telly box show booked for Tuesday 8th April.   I will be on Create & Craft from 12pm (noon) for a TWO HOUR show!!! Oh yipyah and thrice... a two hour show... just what you have all been asking for!  I will be on with some new goodies from Creative Expressions, new Sam Poole stamps and... the Melting Pot!  Hurrah!  Right, I shall away, I have prep to do today for classes this weekend and whilst I could quite happily sit here waffling to you, I know those images won't stamp themselves *although I am getting Grim in on the act, he is off this week and I am going to employ his inky stamping skills to help me :O)*   Thanks for looking... have a great day!  TTFN

Hels x

19 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks fab you have me in craft room rach minute I have spare loving it

Pat Taylor said...

Love her Hels, can't wait to see what else you do to her xx

nannapat said...

Love the colours Hels and the way you have blended them and, yes, that lady is lovely. Pat x

whyducks said...

Sorry you didn't sleep, but what great art. Loving the colours too. I can't wait for the two hour show. x

Linda Simpson said...

I hope you get some sleep tonight Hels, I must say you have created another masterpiece. I love the effect you have created on the frame.
Hugs
Linda xxx

carol edwards said...

Oooo Hels this fabulous. Love the colours and the stamp is beautiful, I do like her and that extra shade down the middle is so good. Love all the brayering build up just love it all. At leasr burning the midnight oil cerrtanly gets you some lovely creations Take care x

carol edwards said...

Forgot to say a 2hour show how wonderful is that, looking forward to that x

Unknown said...

What a wonderful result of a sleepless night! Looking forward to seeing the elegant lady again!
Will put the date of C&C in the calendar. Should be good fun!
Sleep well tonight, Jan

Zoe said...

Well for a sleepless night that sure is a work of art, great colours! Xx Zoe xx

Lisapmac said...

Woah that's stunning, bring on tuesday ! Xx

Redanne said...

Really hope you sleep better tonight Hels. Love your frame and am now lusting after that LP stamp too! Anne x

Joanne K said...

Evening Hels, hope you are well. Love today's offering. Such gorgeous colours. Looking forward to Tuesday show. Kind regards Joanne K x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love the focal image Hels and the opulent colours to your design. Gorgeous flowers. Hope you are well. Tracy x

rachel said...

gorgeous frame Hels - love that stamp and the flowers look amazing - brilliant xx

Rita said...

Oh my goodness Hels. I adore this and the vivid colours. It really stands out and does it for me. Love it. Hugs Rita xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Morning Hels, Fabulous news about the 2 hour show, I will need to record, as I'll only catch the beginning boohoo haha !!
I'm loving this frame, the colours work beautifully, and the lady is absolutely gorgeous.
Have a lovely day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Jackie T said...

Good morning Hels this project is gorgeous I love the way you alter things and make them objects of beauty. What a treat being able to watch you for two hours on Tuesday I am so looking forward to it. I hope you get some rest sometime. Love Jackie

Mrs B said...

Hi Hels. Lovely lady, she looks great in the frame. Fab news about the show on Tuesday : ) Have a good weekend. Take care.

Carole Z said...

Hels this is simply stunning, absolutely beautiful colours and flowers and the stamp..in fact everything about it is drop dead gorgeous! A two hour show on Y
Tuesday....absolutely fab..except I'll be at work :( boo hoo...hugs Carole Z X

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails